Website Memorial Coast Heart Institute
A work culture of professionalism, compassion, and caring for patients and for one another.
Memorial Coast Heart Institute (CHI) is seeking an experienced medical receptionist who has a track record of excellence in performing front desk receptionist duties. We offer an exceptionally friendly, compassionate and professional work environment, and a competitive wage and benefits package.
Memorial Coast Heart Institute is a vanguard cardiology practice that is driven by care and compassion, and guided by the highest ethical standards and medical practice guidelines that are based on scientific evidence and medical research. We firmly believe that our staff, with its professionalism, knowledge, experience, friendliness, and compassion, is our greatest asset. Embedded in our work culture is the principle of taking at most care of our patients, and of one another. Our main practice is located in Gulfport, MS. We also provide our services at five other satellite locations that stretch From Diamondhead to Ocean Springs along the gulf coast, and to Stone county to the north.
The Following job duties list is provided for guidance only. The official job description will provided in hard copy with the employment packet.
The front desk receptionist:
- Answers multi-line phones, and make reminder, follow up and referral calls professionally and courteously, maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Verifies the callers identity and checks for the required documentation, i.e. authorization for release of information, before discussing any patient-related information with a third party.
- Schedules appointments for new and established patients.
- Follows the practice’s protocols on answering callers’ medical and non-medical questions.
- Professionally and courteously welcomes and greets all patients upon arrival, answers their questions, signs them in and verifies information per the clinics protocol.
- Processes copayments from patients for current visit, and payments on balance, and reports the cash flow daily.
- Records all necessary information in our Electronic Health Record system and handles all patient’s records confidentially in compliance with HIPAA and our privacy guidelines.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
- Provide patients with support and guidance as needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of the reception are and the front desk area.
- Shares work load and works with other staff members as an effective team member, and the team leader–when appropriate.
This position is open to all applicants without any prerequisites. Selection criteria is set up on the Job Match system that will process all the applications accordingly without human involvement in the first step of a selection process. We recommend that you answer as many questions as possible on the application form.
To apply, click on Apply button below and then on the link that appears underneath. Make sure you have a copy of your resume handy to attach to your application before submitting online.
To apply for this job please visit hiring.us.com.