Website Memorial Coast Heart Institute
Caring for the hearts of the Mississippi Gulf Coast
Updated January 9, 2021: two call center/ switch board operator positions (PRN) are now open.
The job information below applies to the Front Desk Receptionist position only. Some information below may not apply to the Operator position.
Memorial Coast Heart Institute is seeking an experienced medical receptionist who has a track record of excellence in performing front desk duties. We are located in Gulfport on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We offer an exceptionally friendly, compassionate and professional work environment, and a competitive wage and benefits package.
The Following job duties list is provided for guidance only. The official job description will provided in hard copy with the employment packet.
The front desk receptionist:
- Answers multi-line phones, and make reminder, follow up and referral calls professionally and courteously, maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Verifies the callers identity and checks for the required documentation, i.e. authorization for release of information, before discussing any patient-related information with a third party.
- Answers callers’ non-medical questions Has trained and after consultation with Other staff members per the clinic protocol, and transfers medical questions to the clinical staff.
- Welcomes and greets all patients upon arrival, sign them in and verifies information per the clinics protocol.
- Responds to patients, prospective patients, and visitor’s inquiries in a courteous manner
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including contact and insurance information.
- Provides patients with intake and new patient forms as well as copies of our office policies and other legally required documents.
- Processes copayments from patients for current visit, and payments on balance, and balances and report the payments received daily.
- Schedules appointments for new and established patients.
- Records all necessary information in our electronic health record system and handles all patient’s records confidentially in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and our protocols
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
- Provide patients with support and guidance as needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of the reception are and the front desk area.
This position is open to all applicants without prerequisites.
To apply, click on Apply button below and then on the link that appears underneath. Make sure you have an electronic copy of your resume handy to attach to your application before submitting.
To apply for this job please visit hiring.us.com.