Website Memorial Coast Heart Institute
Caring for the hearts of the Mississippi Gulf Coast
Full-time and PRN (weekend calls) physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner positions are now closed.
Memorial Coast Heart Institute is seeking a mid-level practitioners. Both first time NP/PA applicants and experienced cardiology Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistance are welcome to apply. Experience in cardiology, or a related specialty, in a clinic settings is advantageous, but not required. We are located in Gulfport on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We offers an exceptionally friendly, compassionate and professional work environment.
The mid-level Practitioners rendering medical care to patients within the clinical setting of the hospital and the clinic are responsible for comprehensively assessing their patients, constructing a treatment plan, signing orders, and following up, in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, the collaborating physicians. This position is not for an autonomous practitioner.
The mid-level provider will:
- Function independently to perform history and physical for complex acute and chronically ill patients, and clearly present their findings to the collaborating physician.
- Order and interpret diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s needs, In accordance with the hospitals and clinic policies.
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment modalities
- Facilitate the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborate with other staff members
- Facilitate staff, patient and family decision making by providing the necessary information and educational tools.
- Follow the instructions of the collaborating physician and perform the tasks delegated by them or by the clinic manager.
Follow the policies and guidelines set forth by Memorial hospital (the employer) and by Other facilities work they might be practicing under the cardiology group at Memorial Coast Heart Institute.
The applicant must:
- have successfully completed a qualifying NP or PA program.
- have qualified for licensing by the Mississippi state board of nursing.
- be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide adequate and safe healthcare to adult patients.
- be able to assess data reflective of the patient’s status
- practice following medical guidelines and collaborating physicians instructions
- have a working knowledge of an EHR system
To apply, click on the button below and then on the link that appears underneath. Carefully fill out the application form online and attach your resume when prompted. You will be able to check your application status online after 48 hours of submitting your application.