Memorial Coast Heart Institute is seeking a Registered Nurse who has experience in cardiology, telemetry or ICU. We are located in Gulfport on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We offers an exceptionally friendly, compassionate and professional work environment.
The list of duties posted below is meant for guidance only. Official Job duties are posted on Memorial Hospital’s website.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records in our Electronic Health Records system
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Reconcile patients’ medications on every visit.
- Interpret patient information and make critical decisions about needed actions
- Review health history, review of systems and perform basic physical exams and
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Follow the instructions of the supervising physician and perform the tasks delegated by them.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled clinical staff
The Minimum Registered Nurse qualifications include:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Mississippi State license
- Minimum 12 months clinical experience in a clinic Registered Nurse role, or 2 years as a staff RN in ICU or telemetry.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients
- Ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status
- Ability to work as a team member with other clinical staff members
- Ability to accurately interpret physician’s instructions
- Ability to practice using standard nursing principles, practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of an EHR system
To apply for this job please visit hiring.us.com.